I – Pre-installation
- Download and unzip the Simple IT Helpdesk install archive.
- Create a MySQL database on your web hosting server with writing and editing rights on.
- Drop the files from the Simple Helpdesk IT archive to the desired location on your FTP web server.
- Point the redirection of your domain to the “Public” folder contained in the platform files.
- Launch the installation script at http: //your-site/install.php in your web browser.
II – Enter database credentials:
- Database server address
- Server port of the database
- Name of the database
- Test the connection by clicking on “Test connection”
III – Select the SMTP connection mode for sending emails from the platform:
- Connection type (SMTP, Google …)
- Security Type
- SMTP server name
- SMTP Server Port
- Authentication method
IV – Enter the platform information:
- Select platform type (Production or development)
- Click “Generate” to generate a unique key to secure your platform. This key will never be asked again.
- Enter platform name, sending and administration emails
- Enter the URL of a valid image with your logo
- Select the language
V – Generate the configuration file:
In order to install the platform, the platform must generate a configuration file.
Click on the “Generate” button
VI – Validate and save the configuration file:
Once you have created the configuration file, you can review it.
If all the informations seems correct to you, click on the “Save File” button to save it.
You will be able to save the configuration file later.
VII – Enter your license informations:
- Enter the email used for the activation and the payment of the platform
- Enter the model of the installed product (default It-helpdesk)
- Enter the license that was sent to you in the e-mail confirming your order.